for ones relatives & ancestors is a very commendable
activity, and one which can be extremely beneficial
in determining where we actually came from.
It is the policy of the Cathedral Office
to be as helpful as possible to those enquiring about
parish records. However, it is a very time-consuming
and arduous task at times. Here are the guidelines people
1. Provide as much information as possible,
including full name, mother's maiden name and name of
2. Parish records go back as 1874,
however, Parish records are not for public viewing -
3. All requests should be made in writing
- preferably by e-mail to email@example.com.
4. All requests will be dealt with
in turn. There is an extremely high demand for records,
and those who request them are asked to be patient while
we deal with them, and to expect delays as we deal with
the ever increasing back log.
5. Please acknowledge the work that
has been put into dealing with your requests by offering
a donation fitting of the effort that has been put in.
WE DEAL WITH ALL ENQUIRIES ON A FIRST
COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.